Supporters at 2016 Election
If you would like to support Ivana in the Seanad, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Hon. Ms. Justice Catherine McGuinness (MA 1957), former Dublin University Senator and Judge of the Supreme Court (retired 2006); recipient of Honorary Doctorate from Trinity, 2003. Appointed to the Council of State by President Michael D. Higgins, 2012.
Dr. David Thomas, (M.B., M.A., M.Sc., M.I.C.G.P., M.D. (h.c.)), Director, College Health Centre until 2006; Hon. Doctorate 2005.
- Prof Hilary Biehler, Professor of Public Law, Law and Business Coordinator (Law), TCD.
- Prof Eileen Drew, (B.A., M.Sc., Dip. MIS, Ph.D.) , Professor of Statistics in the School of Computer Science and Statistics and Centre for Gender and Women's Studies, TCD
- Professor Yvonne Galligan, Queen's University, Belfast
- Dr. Mary Henry, former DU Panel Senator and former President of the Penal Reform Trust.
- Prof Aoife McLysaght, Professor of Genetics, Molecular Evolution Lab, Smurfit Institute of GeneticsTCD.
- Joseph O’Gorman (M.Phil, M.A. 1988). Assistant Junior Dean and Strategic Development Officer for the Central Societies Committee, TCD
- Senator Marie-Louise O'Donnell, Irish broadcaster, lecturer in communications at Dublin City University (DCU). A former actor and theatre administrator she was involved in the setting up of the The Helix theatre on the DCU campus.
- Ms. Susan M. Parkes, Fellow Emeritus (Education), TCD.
- Dr. Mary Rogan, (LL.B (Dub) BCL (Oxf) PhD (Dub).) Head of Law and Assistant Head of the School of Languages, Law and Social Sciences, DIT.
- Prof David Spearman, (M.A., F.T.C.D.) School of Mathematics, TCD. Fellow Emeritus (Pure & Applied Mathematics) and former Pro-Chancellor of the University, Trinity College.
- David Jack Barrett, PhD candidate, TCD School of Political Science
- Professor Terry Barry, Dept of History, TCD
- Alan Brady BL (LLB, 2002)
- Marguerite Bolger SC (LLB, 1990)
- Joan Burton, TD, Tánaiste and former lecturer in Accountancy in DIT and the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Rosheen Callender, B.A. (Econ.); former Researcher with ITGWU and then SIPTU (social and economic policy; employment and equality law; tax, social welfare and pensions); former National Equality Secretary with SIPTU; member of Pensions Board (1995-2010) and Public Service Pensions Commission (1997-2001); Fellow of Irish Institute of Pensions Managers; author
- Laura Carpenter, M.Phil, TCD
- Pat Carroll, recently retired lecturer Maths Dept & School of Civil and Building Services Engineering, DIT
- Denise Charlton, BSc, MSc, UCD and former CEO of the Immigrant Council of Ireland
- Dr Neville Cox, School of Law, TCD
- Hugh Gibbons, BA(Mod), MSc, MA, PhD, Lecturer in Computer Science, TCD
- Grainne Gilmore (LL.B., 2004) Barrister
- Professor Jane Grimson, Fellow Emerita and Professor of Health Informatics, Trinity College, Dublin
- Jennifer Johnston, FTCD, Honorary Fellow, TCD, author
- Dr Joan Lalor, School of Nursing and Midwifery, TCD
- Adrian Langan B.A., M.Phil (1998), former TCDSU President
- Professor Lorraine Leeson, Director of Research & Director, Centre for Deaf Studies School of Linguistic, Speech & Communication Sciences Trinity College Dublin
- Eoin Lonergan, TCDSU Education Officer 1989-90
- Professor Bernard McCartan, School of Dental Science
- Prof. David J. McConnell, Head of Genetics (1987-98) and Professor of Genetics (1990-2014), TCD.
- Brian McMurry, Chemistry Dept, TCD
- Bill Meek, LL.B.
- Dr Stephen James Minton, CPsycho l, CSci AFBPsS, Director of Research and Professor (Assistant) in Psychology of Education, School of Education, TCD
- Senator Fiach MacConghail, B.A. Trinity College Dublin, Director/CEO Abbey Theatre Dublin, former Chairperson of citizens assembley 'We the Citizens', 2011.
- Seán Ó hArgáin (B. Ed, 1986, B.Ed Hons 1989) Primary School Principal, Former Mayor of Kilkenny(2012-2013) , Deputy President of Union of Students of Ireland 1986-87. Current director of Gaelscoileanna Teo. and board member of Foras na Gaeilge
- Dr. Michael O’Connell (BA, 1989), Lecturer in Psychology, UCD
- Hilary Pratt, Founder of Avoca Handweavers
- Lydia Rahill, LLB, Law, TCD
- Odran Reid, MSc Spatial Planning, MIPI MIED
- Corinna Salvadori Lonergan FTCD (Emeritus), Italian Department, TCD
- Professor Yvonne Scannell, Law School, TCD
- Dr Micheline Sheehy-Skeffington, NUI Galway, Plant Ecologist; Plant Ecology Research Unit (PERU); Botany & Plant Science, School of Natural Sciences. Appointed to The Heritage Council 1995-2000. Chaired Council Wildlife Committee 1999-2000. Council Member Tropical Biology Association 1993-present. Women's Rights activist.
- Paddy Smyth, Foreign Policy Editor, Irish Times
- Dr Emma Stokes, Associate Professor (Physiotherapy), Trinity Centre, St. James' Hospital, Dublin.
- Alan Tuffery, former lecturer, Physiology Dept, TCD
- Senator Jillian Van Turnhout, former chief executive of the Children's Rights Alliance, Chief Commissioner of the Irish Girl Guides (IGG) and President of the National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI)
- Declan J. Walsh, LL.M., UCL, Lecturer in European Union Law, School of Law, UCC and Member of the Higher Education Authority (HEA)
- John Walsh, Ussher Lecturer in Higher Education, School of Education; former Chairperson, Trinity Research Staff Association
- Louise Walsh, theatre and performance maker
- Natasha Wilcke née WEYER-BROWN M.A. (Oxon.), Administrative Council member, Grenoble Institute of Technology (G-INP)
- Professor Barbara Wright, Fellow Emeritus, French Department, TCD